Last year, Magneto Electric reached a major milestone. At the beginning of 2018 we started our 72nd year of business in the Greater Toronto Area, and here is some background on our history.
Magneto Electric was started in Toronto by the late Joe Vassallo in 1946 in the basement of his home on Beverly Street.
In the beginning the company specialized in rewinding solenoid coils and transformers later expanding to electric motors welders and pumps.
The first employees were Joe’s brothers and sisters.In the early fifties Toronto Hydro hired companies like Magneto to assist in the frequency conversion from 25 cycles to 60 cycles for all electrical apparatus that had to be rewound.
By 1953 Magneto had expanded to 16 employees and was selling new motors to busy industries in Toronto like Canada Packers, Massey Ferguson and Federal Bolt and Nut.
In 1974 the company moved to Mississauga and son’s Mike and Tony began learning the business from the ground up. Today Mike is president and Tony oversees inside sales and service. New high efficiency motor sales make up a big part of the business today from their well-stocked warehouse.The current facility on Eglinton Avenue is 35,000 sq. ft. employs 40 people and continues to rebuild servos, large ac-dc motors including 4160 volt rewinds and explosion proof repairs.
The company is ISO 9001-2008 and CSA Z299.3-85 quality certified as well as approved for confined space service.In Ontario the company services the pulp and paper, petro chemical, construction, railway, aerospace, printing and nuclear power businesses.
When breakdowns occur and time is money Magneto gets them back in production fast!The most dedicated staff and the latest technology has kept Magneto Electric an industry leader since 1946 and the company is happy to celebrate 71 years of service!!!!